Norfolk's version of idyllic home from festive film The Holiday for sale
- Credit: Brown & Co
A picture-postcard farmhouse resembling the famous property in the festive film ‘The Holiday’, which stars Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Cameron Diaz, has come up for sale by auction.
The house in the film, which is owned by Kate Winslet's character, Iris, and described as a "fairytale English cottage" was actually created by set designers for the movie - but one that resembles it is now for sale, set in 11.5 acres of Norfolk countryside.
Tagus Farm, Upper Stoke Holy Cross, is for sale in Brown & Co’s online auction next month with a guide price of £725,000-£750,000.
Dating to the mid-1650s, the house with Georgian additions has three reception rooms and five bedrooms as well as further rooms in the attic.
The house has been lived in by two generations of the same family and owned by three but has not come on the market for sale for many years.
An added benefit is that it is in walking distance of both the Wildebeest restaurant and Stoke Mill.
There is scope to improve the layout of the house and possibly even extend it, subject to planning, said Peter Hornor, chartered surveyor and auctioneer:
“There are wonderful views over the grazing area with an adjoining orchard.
"There are also a number of outbuildings at the side and rear and a super garden room/summerhouse suitable for a number of purposes.
“Included in the sale is a barn which could be converted and the land is divided into a number of paddocks and would be suitable for equestrian use. This will all be of great interest to those buyers looking to acquire a fine country property in a rural position with privacy, in need of improvement and renovation.”
Bidding for the online auction opens on October 13 and is scheduled to end on October 14. For more information contact Peter Hornor on 01603 629871.
You may also want to watch:
Long Lane, Stoke Holy Cross
Guide price: £725,000-£750,000
Brown & Co, 01603 629871, www.brown-co.com
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our Eastern Daily Press newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 7 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 8 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 9 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 10 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens