Historic Elm Hill house is for sale by auction - and it comes with a shop
- Credit: Auction House East Anglia
A rare Grade II listed property located on one of Norwich's most historic streets will go under the hammer next month.
The three-storey home on Elm Hill will be sold at an online auction on Wednesday, May 5, priced at a guide of just £250,000.
Auction House East Anglia, who are selling the home, describe it as a "delightful, fully renovated city centre townhouse that has been tastefully modernised", offering up to two bedrooms as well as a shower room, kitchen, cloakroom, utility area and ground-floor retail space.
It's thought to date back to at least the 17th century, maybe even earlier, and retains a number of distinctive character features throughout, including stripped wooden floors and a large, brick-built hearth on the ground floor.
Residential properties on Elm Hill are highly sought-after. It is one of the city's most well-known and historic streets, having been a main commercial thoroughfare in the 15th-16th century, due to its close proximity to the River Wensum.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately many of the buildings were destroyed by fire in 1507 and had to be rebuilt.
The area has also been used as a setting for a number of film and TV productions. Last year it featured in Netflix's Jingle Jangle, which starred Forest Whitaker and was produced by John Legend.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 8 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 9 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
The online, livestreamed auction will start at 11am on Wednesday, May 5. Visit www.auctionhouse.co.uk/eastanglia for further details including legal packs.
Elm Hill, Norwich
Guide price: £250,000
Auction House East Anglia, 01603 950107, www.auctionhouse.co.uk/eastanglia