Derelict mansion Hainford Hall sells for £540,000 at auction
- Credit: Archant
A derelict Georgian mansion with 14 bedrooms and 13 acres of land sold for £540,000 at auction.
The auction which took place at The Sunningdale Suite Dunston Hall Hotel, Ipswich Road at 11am on Wednesday saw a bidding war with potential buyers.
Bryan Baxter, the auctioneer started the bidding at £475,000 with a proxy bid before others in the room began holding up their catalogues.
The proxy was outbidden by a man in the auction room who eventually bought the property for £540,000.
Formerly a car breaker's yard, the grade II listed mansion house has stood empty for 47 years and is in need of a complete makeover.
You may also want to watch:
It offers a reception hall, drawing room, dining room, study, kitchen, cellars, offices and cloakrooms on the ground floor and 11 bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor. Upstairs, there are a further three bedrooms.
- 1 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 2 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 5 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Water outages hit homes across city
- 8 People released from car after crash closes road
- 9 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 10 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks