Beer celebration at Little Melton housing development topping out ceremony
- Credit: NEWMAN ASSOCIATES PR
A topping out ceremony with a difference was performed to celebrate a new village housing development.
Beer made by Besthorpe-based Wolf Brewery was poured over roof tiles of one of the 28 homes on The Limes site off Mill Road in Little Melton.
The ceremony at the Able Homes development was held just weeks before the first group of properties go on the market in April.
Paul LeGrice, managing director of Watton-based Abel Homes, said: 'We have worked hard with the parish council to ensure that we pitched our plans just right for the local community – and today we have topped out the first home with beer brewed just a few miles away.'
The development includes two, three, four and five-bedroom houses and bungalows.
You may also want to watch:
It is named after a Jubilee lime tree planted close to the site by the Little Melton vicar in 1887, to mark Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 9 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns
- 10 Awesome views from the top of 'Hunstanton Eye' big wheel