Pork scratchings, Star Wars Lego and Jagermeister: 10 of Norwich’s weirdest advent calendars
- Credit: The Snaffling Pig Company
With students in Norwich having created a quirky advent calendar featuring the traders of Norwich market, we thought we'd try and dig out 10 alternative calendars for sale:
1) Debenhams - The Snaffling Pig co. – Merry Piggin' Christmas Advent Calendar - £15
-This mighty A3-sized calendar provides you with the perfect snack on those winter mornings. Pork crackling is a favourite across the country, and this assortment of flavours should be a delight.
You may also want to watch:
2) John Lewis - Edinburgh Gin Advent Calendar, 5cl, pack of 25 (43%) - £100
-Includes a variety of different gin flavours, such as pine and lavender. Expensive, but will bring a touch of class to your holidays.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
3) M & S Advent Calendar Cushion - £35
- A Christmassy piece for the sofa which includes 25 pockets on the cushion where chocolates and gifts can be stored.
4) Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar (Roys of Wroxham) - £29.99
-Featuring locations from the latest Star Wars film, this set includes a different Lego figurine everyday, including characters and vehicles. The set also includes a play-mat in the style of Star Wars locations, so the little ones can play with the complete set on Christmas day.
5) House of Fraser Beauty Advent Calendar – REDUCED from £25 to £20
-24 beauty products to be revealed, including lipstick, nail polish and eyeliner at an affordable price.
6) Christmas Beard Oil Advent Calendar (The Bearded Man company) - £30
-For men with majestic beards, this advent calendar provides different scented beard oil each day leading up to Christmas. Available on the Not on the High Street website.
7) Revell Advent Calendar Crawler in Jarrolds - £30
-An ideal gift for children this Christmas. Includes 24 components to be opened each day leading up to the big day, leaving you with all the parts to construct your own radio-controlled off-road vehicle.
8) Pub Crawl Advent Calendar (Quirky gift Library) - £26
-Perfect for getting you in the mood for a Christmas party, these 24 alcohol-themed chocolates include Jagermeister and Red Bull flavours. Available on the Not on the High Street website.
9) Pets at Home Christmas Dog Advent Calendar - £2
- Keep the dog happy this Christmas with their own advent calendar, full of 24 treats including gingerbread men and mince pies.
10) Hotel Chocolat – The Grand Chocolate Advent Calendar - £68
- If you're keen to splash the cash, this selection is sure to kick off Christmas to a flying start. The Calendar features salted caramel-flavoured vodka, treacle tarts and a variety of other Christmassy surprises.