Photo gallery: Vintage looks at Norwich Fashion Week show
A theatrical display of fashion and 18th-century style transformed Norwich Puppet Theatre at the second main show of Norwich Fashion Week 2014. Vintage fashion from some of the top vintage boutiques and designers in Norfolk had an avant garde feel, with many outfits looking like works of art on the stage.
Fashion combined with burlesque dancing, a pop-up photo booth, a cocktail bar from the Norwich Cocktail Club, lipstick bar and travelling chocolate boutique.
Kerry Curl, aka Missy Vintage, Norwich Fashion Week board member and coordinator of the Vintage Show, said: 'The Puppet Theatre's off-beat atmosphere inspired the styling of the show and encouraged us to be bolder than ever before, with the brief being Westwood meets Marie Antoinette, both two key leading ladies of fashion in their own time.
'We're thrilled to be showcasing some of the best vintage and vintage- inspired fashions at the Puppet Theatre, a grade one listed building that is full of historical quirks and charm.'
Karen James Welton, aka the Fabulous Miss K, brought her extensive fashion experience to the show, helping out behind the scenes, and students from the Jackie Hamilton School of Beauty impressed the crowd with creative hairstyles and makeup on the models that was in keeping with the show's theme.
You may also want to watch:
Katy Coe, owner of West Norfolk independent vintage boutique Vintage Deli in Hector's Barn, Dersingham, was one of the shops showcasing.
'There are a huge amount of local designers who are inspired by the styles from the past, as well as some fabulous independent vintage shops throughout Norfolk,' said Ms Coe. 'Norwich Fashion Week showcases this diversity of style, which is why it's so important for us shops to get behind the week.'
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
See the pictures from the Vintage Show at www.edp24.co.uk