Pop-up shop coming to Norwich
- Credit: Luckybear Norfolk
Five talented Norwich makers will be showcasing the city's creativity at a pop-up shop at Studio 20 on Wensum Street on Saturday, June 19.
The businesses – One of a Kind Club (jewellery), Safi Butler Art (prints), Earth Goddess Jewellery by Jai (jewellery), Stellabox Designs (prints) and Luckybear Norfolk (purse/bag maker) want to shine a light on small businesses and encourage people to shop in the fine city.
The five met in 2019/2020 and have supported each other through the lockdowns.
Carol Robinson of One of a Kind Club said: "It’s been a challenging year and we’ve all missed real life events.
"We all feel such a local love of the city and its talented makers – so we felt a pop-up shop was the way forward with a friendly and relaxed environment – especially in these uncertain times.
You may also want to watch:
"Covid-19 precautions will be in place – but with a smile from behind our masks."
The event runs from 9.30am–5.30pm on Saturday, June 19, at Studio20, 20 Wensum Street, Norwich.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
Meet the makers
Carol Robinson @oneofakindclub
Helping busy women who think of others first to feel good in themselves with confidence inspiring jewellery
Safi Butler @safibutlerart
Print maker, general creative bod and cat lover - mostly making lino prints but also dabbles in fused glass and collage.
Janine Paice @earthgoddessjewellerybyjai
Unique modern jewellery handmade with love - Inspired by nature and all things beautiful.
Linocut printmaker inspired by nature and folklore.
Lucy Baker @luckybearnorfolk
Handmade bags, pouches, purses made with cute and quirky fabrics