Reader letter: Jim Davidson is not all that bad
- Credit: Archant
I read with interest the rather unflattering remarks (EN, February 14) about Jim Davidson.
I cannot profess to know him really well but my gut feeling is that his remarks about theatre staff or anyone else are meant to be humorous rather than offensive, and I would like to set the record straight.
I have met Jim on a couple of occasions. We were both in attendance at the funeral of rock star Keith Emerson who tragically took his own life in March, 2016, a week after my mother died of bone cancer - not a good week for me personally.
He lifted the gloom at Keith's funeral making the congregation laugh with his speech, combining humorous remarks with heart-warming praise for Keith and his music.
I am sure he was a great comfort to Keith's family, friends and fans.
He also arranged a memorial concert for Keith at the Birmingham Symphony Hall last year with the proceeds going to the 'Love After Combat' charity, so he can't be all that bad.
You may also want to watch:
So my message to Jim would be 'keep making us laugh Jim, but perhaps be a bit more courteous about who you may or may not offend.'
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Hethersett high school sends pupils home after four coronavirus cases
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146