Is this the perfect job for horse lovers?
- Credit: Archant
Would you like nothing more than to spend your days caring for horses? Well you could be in luck as World Horse Welfare is looking to add an experienced Groom to their team.
World Horse Welfare, an international charity that works to improve the lives of horses in the UK and across the world, are currently seeking an experienced groom, who will join their professional team and assist with the rehabilitation and rehoming of a range of equines.
Based at Hall Farm in Snetterton, the successful candidate will be working full-time providing an exceptional level of care to a diverse range of horses undergoing rehabilitation. This will involve riding and handling youngsters, large herds that are feral as well as problem horses.
Applicants should have a proven track record in all areas of equine care, be highly motivated, patient, confident, work well as part of a team and be willing to work irregular hours in all weather conditions. Previous experience with unhandled and feral horses would be advantageous, as would the ability to live on site, tow a trailer and/or drive a 7.5 tonne horse box.
Nicole Walmsley, who currently works with the charity as a Groom, said: 'The most brilliant part of this job is that you're involved at all of the different stages of horses coming into our centres right through to when they are rehomed.
You may also want to watch:
'Every day is slightly different and all of my horses are individuals in terms of their personalities and the stages of their rehabilitation which means I have to change the way I work constantly. This can be a real challenge – but I really enjoy watching each of them grow in confidence and find loving homes. Every single one of them is worth the time and care it takes to help them reach their potential.'
The position, which is for 40 hours per week, will offer a competitive salary, pension scheme, cash health plan and child care vouchers. Other benefits include a bike to work scheme, a minimum of 28 days holiday, free shared on-site staff accommodation and employee sickness absence pay.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, apply online today with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
• Find hundreds of local jobs online today at jobs24.co.uk
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy