IN PICTURES: Royal Norfolk Show fashion round-up
Fabulous fashion and heavenly hats set the style at the Royal Norfolk Show, says Emma Harrowing.
Wet weather wellies made way for heavenly heels and hats as the best-dressed at the Royal Norfolk Show proved that Norfolk has what it takes in the fashion stakes.
Unlike Royal Ascot last week the dress code was more relaxed in the members-only enclosures although guests were encouraged to dress up for the occasion, especially with style scouts on the lookout for the best hat and best-dressed visitor at the show.
In the war between fascinators and hats, the hat won hands down this year with traditional, feather embellished and even the flat cap made an appearance among the well-dressed crowds.
Monochrome, fuchsia and colour-clashing topped the looks among the women, whereas striped shirts and pinstripe blazers were popular looks for the men.
You may also want to watch:
Jo Allen, of Great Ellingham, near Attleborough, described her style as colour pop with a royal blue dress teamed with clashing tangerine orange shrug, whereas Jules Wain, of King's Lynn, proved how stylish you can look mixing high-end fashion with bargain-buys.
All in all it was hats off to fashion in Norfolk.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
You can see more of some of the styles on show, the winners of the best dressed and Heavenly Hat competitions and how even our four-legged friends got into the fashion vibe by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.
You can also get all the news and pictures from today's show on our Royal Norfolk Show coverage online and in tomorrow's paper.