How Norfolk and Waveney’s entertainment venues have launched the rich and famous
Norfolk and Waveney's entertainment venues have launched many great stars - let's just hope they don't forget us and coming back.
The Theatre Royal, Cromer Pier, the Marina Theatre, King's Lynn Corn Exchange and many more.
They are places we all know and love, as we know they all put on a great show which can make us laugh, cry and cheer.
But these entertainment venues, which are so important to the communities that they are at the heart of, are even more important than we perhaps realise – because they launch people to stardom as well.
Over the years our theatres have helped many to fame – from Bruce Forsyth performing in Yarmouth in his younger days to Bradley Walsh now becoming Doctor Who's companion after playing at Cromer Pier in the 1980s.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk and Waveney are certainly great routes to stardom. Let's just hope those who we have made famous don't forget us, and keep on delighting local fans.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea