Treasure hunting at Norfolk’s car boot sales
- Credit: Archant Library
Norfolk boasts a fantastic range of shops but for the bargain hunter or those after some second hand treasure there's nothing quite like a car boot sale.
From King's Lynn to Arminghall, the Norfolk Showground to Gorleston, for decades, fields, car parks and empty land have been re purposed for one day a week or month to become moveable market and Mecca for bargain hunters
Sometimes a mixed bag requiring the keenest eye for a hidden gem, sometimes a treasure trove of delights car boot sales have become a popular weekend pastime and these pictures show, this is nothing new.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 7 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 8 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut