Treasure hunting at Norfolk’s car boot sales
- Credit: Archant Library
Norfolk boasts a fantastic range of shops but for the bargain hunter or those after some second hand treasure there's nothing quite like a car boot sale.
From King's Lynn to Arminghall, the Norfolk Showground to Gorleston, for decades, fields, car parks and empty land have been re purposed for one day a week or month to become moveable market and Mecca for bargain hunters
Sometimes a mixed bag requiring the keenest eye for a hidden gem, sometimes a treasure trove of delights car boot sales have become a popular weekend pastime and these pictures show, this is nothing new.
- 1 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 2 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 3 West Norfolk town centre road closed following two-vehicle crash
- 4 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 5 'Quirky' two-bed cottage in Wymondham on sale for £350k
- 6 The Tik-Tok trend putting cinemas at potential risk
- 7 Need for extension could mean Norwich roadworks continue for longer
- 8 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk in July
- 9 Norwich's 'hidden' church added to at risk list
- 10 Referendum to be held over future development in village