Town pub listed for let in search for new long-term partner
- Credit: Archant
A popular town pub which saw its former manager leave in controversial circumstances last year is listed for let as its owners search for a new long-term partner.
The Bull in Dereham is listed on Greene King's website as being available for let 'for a new operator to build on the already successful trade this site enjoys.'
In July last year, former manager of The Bull Vicky-Evans Melo was told she would be moved onto another pub after more than 10 years and is now at The Gemini in Dereham.
This sparked a strong backlash in the community, with many unhappy with the decision.
The Bull is listed on Greene King's website as costing £35,000 per annum plus a 7pc turnover royalty, and an entry cost from £17,650.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Greene King said this was as a result of the decision to move from a managed estate to a tenanted model where a local entrepreneur runs the business.
He added that the pub is being advertised for a long-term partner but remains owned by Greene King and is still open while it is being run on a short term deal.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 4 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 5 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 6 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 7 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 8 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 9 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 10 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases