Town pub listed for let in search for new long-term partner
- Credit: Archant
A popular town pub which saw its former manager leave in controversial circumstances last year is listed for let as its owners search for a new long-term partner.
The Bull in Dereham is listed on Greene King's website as being available for let 'for a new operator to build on the already successful trade this site enjoys.'
In July last year, former manager of The Bull Vicky-Evans Melo was told she would be moved onto another pub after more than 10 years and is now at The Gemini in Dereham.
This sparked a strong backlash in the community, with many unhappy with the decision.
The Bull is listed on Greene King's website as costing £35,000 per annum plus a 7pc turnover royalty, and an entry cost from £17,650.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Greene King said this was as a result of the decision to move from a managed estate to a tenanted model where a local entrepreneur runs the business.
He added that the pub is being advertised for a long-term partner but remains owned by Greene King and is still open while it is being run on a short term deal.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low