Picture Gallery: A look back to scenes and people of Great Yarmouth in 1955
Here's a selection of archive pictures from our library.
They show scenes of bygone days in Great Yarmouth, the heyday of the herring industry, and a growing tourism destination.
All of the photographs were taken by staff members of the Great Yarmouth Mercury in 1955.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 6 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 7 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening