Picture Gallery: A look back to scenes and people of Great Yarmouth in 1955
Here's a selection of archive pictures from our library.
They show scenes of bygone days in Great Yarmouth, the heyday of the herring industry, and a growing tourism destination.
All of the photographs were taken by staff members of the Great Yarmouth Mercury in 1955.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 4 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 5 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 6 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 7 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 8 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
- 9 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 10 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles