Olympic torch to visit Norwich today
Olympic fever will hit Norwich today when the Olympic Torch arrives in the city as part of its tour of a select number of universities across the country.
It will roll up at the University of East Anglia in a big red Coca-Cola tour bus. Students and members of the public will have the chance to have their photo taken with the torch between 12pm and 6pm.
There will also be an opportunity to sign up to volunteer at the Olympics and take part in a number of free sports-related activities put on by the Union of UEA Students.
The Coca-Cola tour will be visiting 20 universities this autumn as part of the National Union of Students' London 2012 Inspired project Be a Champion.
Coca-Cola and the NUS want to find young people who are passionate about their hobby to inspire others.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Myles, union communications officer, said: 'The Union of UEA Students is very proud to be selected as one of only 20 Student Unions to host the Coca-Cola Olympic Torch Tour.
'The tour provides the union, UEA students and the local community with a fantastic opportunity to pose with the torch and it will also help us all get into the Olympic spirit ahead of the games in 2012.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 8 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 9 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 10 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months
'We are hopeful that lots of people will come onto campus and get involved in the fun and games we'll be running.'
The bus will be parked in Union Place, outside Nelson Court.