Norwich heritage films to be showcased at tearoom
- Credit: Archant
Customers will soon be able to enjoy film nostalgia alongside their hot chocolate as a city centre tea room starts a monthly screening event.
Caley's Cocoa Café, based in The Guildhall, are hosting Monday Movies on the first Monday of every month, starting on 5th January.
The tea room was last year taken on by Norwich Heritage Economic and Regeneration Trust (HEART), helping to keep alive another well-loved Norwich heritage brand following its acquisition of Colman's Mustard Shop & Museum in 2009.
Each first Monday, Caley's Cocoa Café will screen a montage of silent archive films, including captivating locally shot footage from Norfolk and around East Anglia, as well as from Normandy, France.
Dawn King, Manager at Caley's Cocoa Cafe said the films will hopefully bring people in.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'It will be a different angle on the cafe. It's just something for people to sit and watch and bring back happy memories for some.'
Dawn added they are looking to continue running the silent films but looking at how the cafe used to look.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
The first screening will take customers of a journey through the pleasure of leisure, food and farming, and travel and transport.
The archive film compilations are a legacy from HEART's Digital Heritage Project, which was delivered as a partnership with film agency Pôle Image and UEA's East Anglian Film Archive.
The screening events are free and take place on Monday 5th January, 2nd February and 2nd March, from 10am to 4pm.
For more information, see www.heritagecity.org or Caley's Cocoa Café on Facebook.