Norwich heritage films to be showcased at tearoom
- Credit: Archant
Customers will soon be able to enjoy film nostalgia alongside their hot chocolate as a city centre tea room starts a monthly screening event.
Caley's Cocoa Café, based in The Guildhall, are hosting Monday Movies on the first Monday of every month, starting on 5th January.
The tea room was last year taken on by Norwich Heritage Economic and Regeneration Trust (HEART), helping to keep alive another well-loved Norwich heritage brand following its acquisition of Colman's Mustard Shop & Museum in 2009.
Each first Monday, Caley's Cocoa Café will screen a montage of silent archive films, including captivating locally shot footage from Norfolk and around East Anglia, as well as from Normandy, France.
Dawn King, Manager at Caley's Cocoa Cafe said the films will hopefully bring people in.
She said: 'It will be a different angle on the cafe. It's just something for people to sit and watch and bring back happy memories for some.'
Dawn added they are looking to continue running the silent films but looking at how the cafe used to look.
- 1 Murder jury hears how 'angry' father ran over teenage daughter
- 2 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
- 3 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
- 4 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 5 Revealed: The most isolated neighbourhoods in Norfolk
- 6 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 7 New sites for gypsies and travellers proposed in Norwich area
- 8 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 9 Screams of daughter run over by her dad heard by murder jury
- 10 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
The first screening will take customers of a journey through the pleasure of leisure, food and farming, and travel and transport.
The archive film compilations are a legacy from HEART's Digital Heritage Project, which was delivered as a partnership with film agency Pôle Image and UEA's East Anglian Film Archive.
The screening events are free and take place on Monday 5th January, 2nd February and 2nd March, from 10am to 4pm.
For more information, see www.heritagecity.org or Caley's Cocoa Café on Facebook.