Final weekend to see Norwich Castle’s The Square Box on the Hill exhibition
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Norwich Castle's latest show looking at the history of the city landmark has attracted nearly 60,000 visitors - and there is now just two days left for people to see the exhibition.
The Square Box on the Hill closes on Sunday after a run of nearly four months.
The exhibition charts the story of the city landmark, from its early days as a medieval royal palace to its time as a prison and now as a museum.
It is also linked to the ambitious Norwich Castle: Gateway to Medieval England project aiming to restore the castle's keep back to how it was in the days of the Norman kings.
Paris Agar, project curator for Norwich Castle: Gateway to Medieval England, said: 'I am thrilled that nearly 60,000 people have visited Norwich Castle since The Square Box on the Hill exhibition opened back in February.
You may also want to watch:
'It has huge appeal for everyone – from spinning through the revolving doors which used to be at the museum entrance to experiencing what it was like when the castle was in its heyday as a Norman royal palace by peering into an enormous scale model.
'Many local people are familiar with Norwich Castle, either from visiting as a child or seeing the colossal building standing proud in our fine city, but not many know of its rich history and colourful stories.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 9 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 10 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
'I would influence people to visit the exhibition in these final few days to learn more about our treasured landmark and to have some fun!
'If you fancy watching arms and armour demonstrations or making a Sir Pegalot or Princess Pegeliza peg doll, spend the last Saturday of your half-term having fun with our castle-themed activities.'
The Square Box on the Hill is at Norwich Castle until Sunday (June 3).
For more information about the exhibition and the Norwich Castle: Gateway to Medieval England project, visit www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk