Norfolk performers needed for new musical written by Wells teacher
A Norfolk performing arts teacher and choreographer has written a full-scale musical which she wants to take to the West End – and is looking for local performers to fill the roles for the show.
Elizabeth Dark, originally from Australia, has been working in the UK for three years, has fallen in love with the county and now lives in Wells.
She has spent more a year working on Angelis, which is a powerful musical set in 13th-century Northern Ireland and centres on a girl called Osana.
Ms Dark – who teaches at North Walsham High School – is putting on the premiere of the show in January at the Dragon Hall in Norwich and is holding auditions in Norwich and Wells this month to fill the roles.
'I want it to be with people from Norfolk,' she said. 'I could get singers from London, but I love Norfolk and I want to use performers from here. There is so much talent around here.' Ms Dark is looking for singers who can do solos and ensembles. Nine adults – five male and four female – are needed along with three males aged 13-19 and a girl aged 12-15.
You may also want to watch:
The production – which has the BBC presenter David Whiteley as narrator – has a really 'eclectic mix' of music including celtic, folk rock and Latin.
Ms Dark said: 'It is about being human. It is very deep but there are also comic moments.'
- 1 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 4 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 5 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 8 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 9 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
She wants to make a 20-minute show reel to take to London and auditions are on Sunday, September 18 at the Dragon Hall, Norwich, 5-9pm, and at the Granary Theatre, Wells, on Sunday, September 25, 11am-5pm.
The website www.angelismusical.com has full details of the auditions. Ms Dark can be emailed at email@example.com