Norfolk nostalgia: Back to school photos through the decades
- Credit: Archant
As the new term begins many children are experiencing their first taste of school in Norfolk, but can you remember your first day?
To celebrate we've had a look through our archives to find some retro photos of school starters from years gone by.
Our photos include first school dinners in the canteen at Hellesdon High School to first school runs at Little Plumstead.
School traffic jams look to have been a little tamer in 1970 then they are now, with students at Hellesdon in 1992 seemingly more interested in table tennis than their dinner.
A series of pictures from Diss Infant School in 1969 show a couple of relics from school days gone by, with students drawing on the blackboard and even drinking free milk.
Then there was posing for the obligatory school photo as seen here at Filby School, Woodside First School and Hemsby First School.
- 1 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 2 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 7 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 8 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences