New boss for Norfolk museums services appointed
- Credit: Archant
The new head of the county's museums services said he was looking forward to working with Norfolk's 'world-class collections and stunning sites' when he begins the role in June.
Steve Miller will replace Vanessa Trevelyan, who will retire from the Museums and Archaeology Service at the end of this month.
The 42-year-old father-of-two has nearly 20 years experience in the cultural, heritage and tourism sectors in the UK. He comes to Norfolk having been chief executive of the Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust in Shropshire and director of the Norton Priory Museum Trust in Cheshire before that.
Mr Miller said: 'I am very excited to be joining the prestigious Norfolk Museums and Archaeology Service, with its world-class collections and its stunning sites.
'I look forward to working with councillors, staff, volunteers and partners in carrying the service forward to even greater heights.'
You may also want to watch:
Barry Stone, county council cabinet member for cultural services, said: 'I am really pleased that we have been able to secure Steve's vision and experience, which will be of great benefit to our county's museums and archaeology services.
'He has a strong track record across the museums and cultural sector in the UK and will be eager to help our hugely valued museums to become even more successful, ensuring that even more residents come and enjoy what we have on offer.'
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Local pub splashes back into action
- 3 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 4 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 5 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 9 Cliff fall man arrested on suspicion of woman's murder
- 10 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
Robin Hanley will take charge of the museums service until Mr Miller's arrival.