Indoor market open again at historic building in King’s Lynn
The owners of Hanse House have relaunched one of its ventures – and are once again offering works by Norfolk-based artists and a tea room.
Colin Manning, mayor of West Norfolk, led the celebrations as the indoor market reopened with a wide variety of craft stalls.
Lucy Lee, who is leading the project, said: 'We've had a really good first weekend. It's very exciting to see this part of the building up and running again.
'We've had tenants in here previously, but unfortunately it hasn't worked out. So we've decided to manage this ourselves as we didn't want to see an empty room sitting there and doing nothing.'
She added: 'Visitors who had been to Hanse House before continued to ask us about what's happening to the indoor market. There's so much potential there and we could see there is demand for this kind of service and facility.'
You may also want to watch:
The space currently features pieces by artist Simon Warner, who has previously exhibited at the venue, and Norwich-based photographer Joe Lenton. Handmade candles, jewellery and cards are among the other crafts available.
Its tearoom has also reopened.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 10 'We loved our East Anglian holiday so much - we bought the company'
Situated on the South Quay in King's Lynn, records relating to the Hanse House site date back to 1474. There have been many changes since, but the building has undergone more recent renovations since being taken over by James Lee in November 2011. It now houses a bistro, hosts weddings, and runs art exhibitions.
The indoor market at Hanse House is open every day, 10am-4pm. Visit the Hanse House website for further information or call 01553 775678.