Historic Ely House in Wisbech opened to public prior to sale
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech estate agent is offering people the chance to explore an iconic Grade II listed property before its put on sale.
Ely House in Wisbech, which is believed to be one of the oldest, last-surviving historic buildings in the area, dates back to the 17th Century.
Alex Doggett, resident and owner of Aboda Homes Estate Agent Wisbech, said: 'Like many other people passing the home on a regular basis, I often wondered what it was like inside.
'Over 14,000 people saw my post on Facebook in just two days. Many people commented that they would love to see inside.
'I felt the right thing to do was offer the same opportunity and privilege as I had been given to see this wonderful historical home with so much retained original period character.'
You may also want to watch:
The public preview takes place on Sunday October 22 from 1-3pm.
- 1 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 2 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 5 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 6 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 7 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues