Heacham Carnival - what next..?
Should Heacham have a carnival parade? If so, how could it be improved?
That's the question in an online survey being carried out by the parish council.
It also asks for ideas on how the event could be made better, and whether people would be willing to join the carnival committee which organises it.
The survey follows the stepping down of David Page, who has organised the parade for the last four years.
'The parish council is therefore reviewing the event as a whole and part of that review is to ask whether the parade, which has been a great spectacle in the past, is still important to the village,' says the Heacham Parish Council notice board.
'If you feel strongly that Heacham should continue to have a carnival parade, have constructive suggestions and ideas about the parade or would like to be involved in carnival parade 2011, then we would very much like to hear from you.'
The short online survey can be found on the parish council website.
- 1 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
- 2 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 3 Norwich street named one of the most beautiful in the world
- 4 Seven people arrested after 50 vehicles stopped by police at Thickthorn
- 5 Enjoy afternoon tea onboard a steam train in Norfolk this summer
- 6 Trains returns to railway station for first time in decades
- 7 Football club fined and chairman suspended over FA breaches
- 8 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 9 5 famous faces who were born in King's Lynn
- 10 Norfolk start-up taking on retail giant Amazon
The council is also looking at how the village could mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the London Olympics next year.