Heacham Carnival - what next..?
Should Heacham have a carnival parade? If so, how could it be improved?
That's the question in an online survey being carried out by the parish council.
It also asks for ideas on how the event could be made better, and whether people would be willing to join the carnival committee which organises it.
The survey follows the stepping down of David Page, who has organised the parade for the last four years.
'The parish council is therefore reviewing the event as a whole and part of that review is to ask whether the parade, which has been a great spectacle in the past, is still important to the village,' says the Heacham Parish Council notice board.
You may also want to watch:
'If you feel strongly that Heacham should continue to have a carnival parade, have constructive suggestions and ideas about the parade or would like to be involved in carnival parade 2011, then we would very much like to hear from you.'
The short online survey can be found on the parish council website.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
The council is also looking at how the village could mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the London Olympics next year.