Grant Holt named Norwich City player of the season
Norwich City striker Grant Holt has been named as the club's player of the season.
The 30-year-old, who netted 23 goals in all competitions this season, was awarded the Anglian Home Improvements Player of the Season award just before kick-off in today's final Championship clash at home to Coventry. Amid a sea of yellow and green, the club captain picked up the Barry Butler Memorial Trophy, as voted for by the supporters.
The striker, who joined the Canaries from Shrewsbury in 2009, beat second place defender Russell Martin and midfield wizard Wes Hoolahan to the award.
Holt made absolutely certain of his place in the heart of Norwich City supporters when he scored a hat-trick against Ipswich in the 4-1 win at Carrow Road in November.
He also won the award last season after becoming just the fifth Canary in the club's history to score 30 goals in a season.
You may also want to watch:
Holt scored with his last touch of the season to grab an equaliser at Carrow Road this afternoon, before he was substituted to a standing ovation.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 7 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 8 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 9 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 10 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit