Snowy Norfolk scenes from days gone by
- Credit: Archant Library
Over the weekend we woke up to a blanket of snow outside our windows here in Norfolk.
It may have been fleeting but many of us will have seized the chance to venture out locally and make the most of it.
Perhaps as we felt the crunch under our boots or the nip of Jack Frost on our face, we reminisced on bygone years when it seemed like the snow visited more often and lasted longer when it did.
There was sledging down our favourite hills and slinging snowballs at our friends.
Wintry walks with our loved ones through familiar areas transformed by the freshly fallen snow.
Fond memories of getting back home, stomping our feet and stepping into the warm for a hot chocolate to shake off the chill.
Please enjoy these old photos from our archives of snowy days over the years. Where are your favourite spots to enjoy the snow in Norfolk?
For more old photos and articles about history and heritage in Norfolk subscribe to our new Through the Decades email newsletter. Click here to signup.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 3 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 4 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 5 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 6 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 7 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 10 Gym owner set to open fourth site in Norfolk on April 12