Ely seeks new sight-seeing craft
Companies are being invited to run boat trips on the River Ouse.
East Cambridgeshire council wants to find an operator to run sight-seeing trips along the waterfront at Ely.
Bars and galleries nestle on the quays in the shadow of the city's towering cathedral.
Yet within just a few hundred yards in either direction, the river heads into open countryside.
Peter Cresswell, chairman of the counci's community services committee, said: 'The river has historically been the lifeblood of Ely – a place where trade and commerce brought prosperity to the city.
You may also want to watch:
'The area has in recent years been enhanced by the river boat trips – although sadly one of the operators passed away recently.
'We want to encourage more people to use the riverside so we are inviting tenders from companies who can make a visit to the area even more memorable.'
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 8 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'