Do you remember these stars from Norwich Theatre Royal pantos of the past?
- Credit: JHS
Taking a look back at Norwich Theatre Royal pantos of the past
Panto season is here - oh yes it is. This year's Norwich Theatre Royal show is Jack and the Beanstalk and hundreds of people have so far enjoyed a bellyful of laughs from the star-studded cast. To celebrate its launch we've looked back on some of the previous pantomimes at the theatre.
Photos include the likes of Paul Henry and the Pattern brothers with the cast of Dick Wittington in 1983, Aladdin in 1987 and Goldilocks the panto in 1984.
Keep an eye out every Tuesday in the Evening News for the Norwich Through the Decades 12-page supplement which takes a look back at a variety of old photos.
Make sure you join our new Facebook group, Norwich Remembers, for a nostalgic look at Norwich over the decades. You can share your own photos and memories or simply browse through those shared by others.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR