Do you know these people? Woman looks to return photo albums to Norfolk family
- Credit: Archant
A woman is looking to return historic photo albums to a Norfolk family.
Current owner, Christine Hammond, 71, feels they should be returned to a member of Alice Embling's family.
Alice was the daughter of James Embling and Mary Ann Robinson, born March 9, 1872 in Magdalen.
Alice, died in 1963, and the photos were passed to daughter Mary Irene Hammond, better known as Rene, who later died in 2005, aged 97.
Christine, from Birmingham, visited Harpley, near King's Lynn in 2004, with late husband Mike to research his family tree. They were directed to Rene, who was Mike's second cousin twice removed.
You may also want to watch:
Despite knowing Rene only from their 30 minute chat in 2004, a year later Christine and Mike helped pay and organise for Rene's funeral, after she died in Heacham on February 25.
They gave Rene the funeral she always wanted, with a burial next to parents Alice Embling and Willy Hammond.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns
Christine said: 'We took several photos, documents and letters which were destined for the trash, so we could continue our family research.
'Rene had no siblings, never married, her young man never returned from the First World War.
'I am quite convinced the people in the photos are related to her mother Alice Embling, and I want to make sure the photos get into the right hands.'
Do you know these people? Then email firstname.lastname@example.org