Do you remember when these celebrities visited Great Yarmouth?
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth may not be known as a celebrity hot spot but the lure of the arcade machines, Joyland snails and the Pleasure Beach has proved too much for many well-known faces.
From actresses such as Joan Collins to musicians including Phil Collins, Archant community content curator Siofra Connor has delved through the archives to find some snaps of their visits.
The Genesis drummer performed at the Prince's Trust workshop in Caister in April 1987.
The Chase presenter Bradley Walsh came to Wellington Theatre to perform on the pier in 1995.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 3 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 4 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 5 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 6 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
- 7 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 8 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 9 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 10 Fire at farm near Taverham being treated as arson
The actress performed in Yarmouth alongside Bernie Winters in 1979.
The comedian opened Ormesby Fete in 1987.
John Carter arrived in the town in July 1988 to film an episode of classic travel show Wish You Were Here.
Mike Read with Keith Harris and Orville
The trio appeared at the BBC Radio One Roadshow in 1984, with Mike Read wearing a combination of mini shorts and dark sunglasses, while iconic green duck, Orville, received a large cheer from fans.
The former Family Fortunes host opened Caister fete in 1986.