A nostalgic stroll through Norwich’s Plantation Gardens
- Credit: Archant Library
Take a trip down memory lane with this selection of pictures of Plantation Garden from the 80s and 90s.
2. David Jackson working hard on the balustrade in the Plantation Garden, Norwich. Dated 11th March, 1993.
3. Diana Collis Heuvel, a committee member of the Plantation Garden Preservation Trust, inspects the 10ft wide 8ft deep hole discovered in The Plantation Garden grounds.
4. The Gothic fountain in the Plantation Garden is turned on after restoration by Dr Brent Elliot, librarian of the Royal Horticultural Society, taken 2nd November, 1991.
5. Ms Bryony Nierop-Reading surveying the Plantation Gardens in Norwich, 16th October, 1984
6. Taken on the 18th of January, 1990, John Watson can be seen in part of the 'secret garden' (Plantation Gardens, Norwich).
7. The Plantation Gardens were discovered a decade ago looking forlorn and overgrown, taken 8th October, 1991.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 6 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 7 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 8 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 9 City councillor investigated after Facebook golliwog post complaint
- 10 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
8. Detail on the Victorian fountain built of chimney bricks, roof tiles and brick mouldings in the Plantation Gardens, Norwich, pictured on the 16th January, 1990.
If you recognise anyone in the pictures or would like to tell us more about them you can email email@example.com