A look back at our archive: Shops
Our high streets of yesteryear provide the theme for this week's set of archive photos.
1. A couple are window-shopping at BB Adams in Dereham in this undated shot from our archive.
2. Dixons hardware shop in Hellesdon was featured in May 1967, with its brand-new frontal extension, linking two separate premises.
3. Smallgate, Beccles, a haunt of hurrying schoolchildren, was caught on camera in April 1968.
4. Two years later, in November 1971, we took this shot of Beccles from The Walk, looking towards New Market.
You may also want to watch:
5. This next scene is from Holt and dated December 1974.
6. Our final photo is from Mildenhall, with no date but presumably mid-1970s.
- 1 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 2 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
7. Roe & Co. Ltd's well-stocked bacon counter in their Halesworth shop is the star of this photo from December 1961.
8. Our next photo shows Regent Road in Yarmouth in the 1950s.
9. This animated scene was caught in High Street King's Lynn in April 1957 – a lovely display of 1950s fashions amongst the shoppers.
If you recognise anyone in the pictures or would like to tell us more about them then you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
To get a copy of one of our old photographs, visit www.edp24.co.uk/buyaphoto or call 01603 772449 to place your order.