Foodie Friday: Under 500 calories
- Credit: Archant
With shocking, recent reports stating that 64% of adults in England have a BMI of 25 or over, the Great British Chefs have come together to devise three healthy recipes that are not only low in calories, but packed full of flavour and substance too.
We've all been there - reluctantly starting a restrictive diet in hope of shedding those stubborn pounds, which we all know is destined to fail once our carnal cravings kick in. And it's no wonder - our bodies need fuel, which is provided to us in the form of calories. Therefore, understandably, the balance between eating a sufficient amount and losing weight, can prove to be a struggle.
So if you're trying to lose weight, dedicating time to watch what you eat is vital. For those that do not count calories, it can be easy to over-consume your daily recommended allowance as you are not aware of the numbers that you are putting into your body. While exercise is important, it also makes sense to think about the calorie count of the food that you're eating.
You may also want to watch:
Although it can be hard to count all the individual parts of your meal, it is possible. Luckily for you, we've done all the hard work for you. Our low-calorie family meals all come in at under 500 calories, and will keep you satisfied on fewer calories.
So why not change those stastics by trying Adam Byatt's Butternut squash, pear and gorgonzola flatbread tart, Geoffrey Smeddle's lamb and cumin burgers or Marcus Wareing's pea and pancetta risotto and tell us what you think?
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 10 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
Make sure you send us photos of your creations via Facebook today!
Check back every Friday to see what festive delights the Great British Chefs suggest next.