Eight of Norwich’s best brunch spots
Because nobody can resist the indulgent combination of breakfast and lunch, here are eight places in our fine city where you can venture to fulfil all of your brunch needs.
• Pandora's Kitchen, 67 London Street
Pandora's has successfully made a name for itself when it comes to brunch in Norwich, with a menu crammed full of cooked delights such as eggs Benedict and crushed avocado and bacon on toast. They also boast a speciality hot chocolate menu, which includes sinful drinks such as rocky road hot chocolate and an Italian white chocolate and milky bar concoction.
• Frank's Bar, 19 Bedford Street
You may also want to watch:
With a breakfast menu served until 12pm, a brunch menu served until 3pm, and the rest of their menu being served all day, customers have a wide range of food to choose from for their brunch at Frank's. This choice includes American style pancakes, served either with crispy free-range bacon and maple syrup or cinnamon pecans and Greek yoghurt, as well as chorizo and broad beans on a toasted muffin.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 9 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 10 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
• The Bicycle Shop, 17 St Benedicts Street
Not to be confused with a shop that actually sells bikes, The Bicycle Shop serves up a plethora of egg based dishes including Mexican scrambled eggs, asparagus and duck egg and classic dippy eggs, as well as a selection of gluten free crepes and tapas.
• Café Britannia, 3 Britannia Road
With lots of breakfast and light bite lunch options available, Café Britannia makes for an interesting brunch location offering great views of Norwich. Options on the menu include blueberry and strawberry pancakes, various sandwiches and regal sounding full English breakfasts such as The King's Britannia Breakfast.
• Bill's Restaurant, 2-10 Back Of The Inns
Bill's is serving up a whole host of traditional brunch foods and adding their own twist into the mix. Take for example their peanut butter and banana French toast or their take on a vegetarian breakfast, which is comprised of poached eggs, tomatoes, hummus, mushrooms, guacamole, sweet chilli sauce, basil and toast.
• Cote Brasserie, 29 Exchange Street
Brunch isn't really brunch unless you've got a mimosa in each hand and Cote Brasserie has breakfast cocktails on the menu! They also serve a range of pastries, cooked breakfasts and sandwiches.
• Harriets Café Tearooms, 38 London Street
Offering all day breakfast options, Harriets Tearoom is the perfect location for a brunch with an added hint of sophistication. The waitresses wear period uniforms and serve customers in a room filled with all things elegant - think high ceilings and chandeliers.
• Wild Thyme, Labour in Vain Yard
Wild Thyme is a vegetarian restaurant established in 2013, serving organic, fresh food. Their unique brunch options include dishes such as scrambled tofu on toast as well as Marmite and melted cheddar on toast with a poached egg. They even have a menu dedicated to different bread based meals.
• Where's your favourite place to go for brunch in Norwich? Let us know in the comments below.