We could all learn a lesson from young litter-picker Nadia
- Credit: Archant
We could all learn a lesson or two from 12-year-old Nadia Sparkes, aka Trash Girl.
Not only is she protecting our environment, but she has displayed the courage to stand up to the bullies who teased her.
It is a shame that more adults do not follow her lead.
Parents need to educate their children on the importance of recycling, as it is an issue we are all responsible for. Maybe then, more of her peers will appreciate what she is doing.
If we all followed Nadia's example, the world would be a better – and cleaner – place.
You may also want to watch:
What has been nice to see is the outpouring of support from our readers towards Nadia.
Let us hope the story makes people think twice before throwing their rubbish in a hedge.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 GP warns surgery 'is at breaking point' due to village expansion