We could all learn a lesson from young litter-picker Nadia
- Credit: Archant
We could all learn a lesson or two from 12-year-old Nadia Sparkes, aka Trash Girl.
Not only is she protecting our environment, but she has displayed the courage to stand up to the bullies who teased her.
It is a shame that more adults do not follow her lead.
Parents need to educate their children on the importance of recycling, as it is an issue we are all responsible for. Maybe then, more of her peers will appreciate what she is doing.
If we all followed Nadia's example, the world would be a better – and cleaner – place.
You may also want to watch:
What has been nice to see is the outpouring of support from our readers towards Nadia.
Let us hope the story makes people think twice before throwing their rubbish in a hedge.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'