Ten places to enjoy dog walks in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Credit: Ian Burt
The Dogs Trust Snetterton rehoming centre has compiled their top 10 places to enjoy beautiful walks with your four-legged friends.
Great Hockham woods, near Watton -
Plenty of trails to discover and the woods boasts a fantastic picnic area for the whole family including your pooch.
You may also want to watch:
Knettishall heath, near Thetford -
An ancient place where the heath stretches far. Riversides, woodland and trails for the family to explore.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 8 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
The Walks, Kings Lynn -
Historic and great fun for the children. The 42 acre park has lovely walks which take in the runes.
Thetford Warren Lodge -
The English Heritage site built in around 1400 by the Prior of Thetford. Fun to explore with four-legged friends.
Santon Downham walks -
Different trails to follow, from easy to more advanced. Suitable for all ages and dogs there are lovely walks through the woodland areas.
Winterton on Sea Beach -
The all-year-round dog-friendly beach boasts long sandy beaches for your dogs to let off some steam.
Redgrave and Lopham Fen, near Diss -
National nature reserve which is full of wildlife and plenty to explore. Dogs must stay on leads.
Fairhaven Woodland & Water Garden, South Walsham -
130 acres of cultivated wild and natured plants, the site also has woodlands and tearooms.
Easy to find and park, this sandy beach has unusual beach huts that are pleasing on the eye. Perfect for dog walking.
Brandon Country Park -
A mixture of walking trails in woodland and heathland. A lovely adventure outdoors for every member of the family.