Booja-Booja scoops double gold at FreeFrom Awards
- Credit: Archant
Truffles and ice creams win big for Norfolk brand.
Organic food manufacturer Booja-Booja (based in Norfolk) is celebrating scooping two gold awards in the prestigious FreeFrom Food Awards, as well as being runner up for overall winner 2018.
The company (whose 'Easter egg' was named one of the best in the UK this year) won gold in the confectionary and chocolate category with its Hazelnut Crunch Chocolate Truffles, and repeated this success in the desserts and puddings category with its Chocolate Salted Caramel dairy free ice cream. Plus, there was a silver award in the same category for the brand's Caramel Pecan Praline dairy free ice cream.
Booja-Booja's truffles were hailed by judges as having a 'great balance of flavour between hazelnut and chocolate - great quality', and 'very pure ingredients - really lovely flavour and melts so well in the mouth'.
While comments for the gold award winning ice cream ranged from 'very creamy ice cream with a great nutty sauce mixed in' to 'rippled-in sauce made it taste more luxurious - sugar content admirably low for an ice cream'.
And judges loved the silver winning praline ice cream which has a 'beautiful pecan-rich flavour with golden flecks of sweetness - and oh so creamy!'
Booja-Booja founder Colin Mace, said: 'We are very pleased that our Hazelnut Crunch Truffles have wone best confectionary product, nearly 20 years after their launch, and that out relatively new Chocolate Salted Caramel ice cream also won its category. We'd like to thank all those who appreciate and enjoy our endeavours. We look forward to continuing to delight our customers with more and more delicious products, made as simply as possible, with just a handful of organic ingredients and without relying on farming animals.'
- 1 Murder jury hears how 'angry' father ran over teenage daughter
- 2 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
- 3 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 4 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
- 5 Revealed: The most isolated neighbourhoods in Norfolk
- 6 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 7 New sites for gypsies and travellers proposed in Norwich area
- 8 Screams of daughter run over by her dad heard by murder jury
- 9 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 10 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
Booja-Booja's products are all free from dairy, gluten and soya, with no additives or preservatives, and its ice creams contain around 70% less fat than leading premium dairy ice cream brands. They're sutable for vegans and ice cream lovers who have lactose intolerances. Its truffles and ice creams can be found in hundreds of independent health food stores, farm shops, and delis around the UK, selected Sainsbury's, Waitrose and Holland & Barrett stores and online at Ocado.