Are you a secret sexist?
- Credit: PA
Of course not. No one is these days. But when you consider who does what jobs at home, can you honestly say that everything is equal? If you're honest with your answers, we might find out something interesting...
I write about sexism all the time. Everyone insists they aren't sexist, these days. And yet...
When you start asking people who does what jobs at home, you find that people are surprisingly 1950s in their task delineations.
Most of the men on my desk put the bins out and fix the car for example.
Most of the women I know would do anything rather than have to unblock a toilet.
You may also want to watch:
Cooking seems to be a grey area.
Ironing, well, I don't know many men who iron their own shirts, let's say.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
Of course, everyone professes to be opposed to sexism in all its forms.
But maybe there's something to be said for the possibility that men are better at some things than women and vice versa.
Or is it even too sexist to wonder that?!
Into this minefield, we thought we'd try a poll where, under clouds of secrecy, you can reveal what you REALLY think.
No one will ever know your secret inclinations.
Well, we will know what you all think en masse, but not you in particular. Phew!
We look forward, with interest, to seeing the results!