A night out after the sugar beet demo
One of the many demonstrations at the national sugar beet event at Brome, near Eye, in October 1978 attracted a large crowd of spectators.The driver of the Zetor 4911 tractor was Ron Fuller, of Foulden, who was a lorry driver and demonstrator for Bexwell Tractors, of Downham Market.
One of the many demonstrations at the national sugar beet event at Brome, near Eye, in October 1978 attracted a large crowd of spectators.
The driver of the Zetor 4911 tractor was Ron Fuller, of Foulden, who was a lorry driver and demonstrator for Bexwell Tractors, of Downham Market.
The machine pictured is a three-row topper loader followed by a three-row lifter, recalled Mick Lock, who worked for Bexwell Tractors as a mechanic for 25 years.
Mid-Norfolk farmer Peter Rivett, of Heath Farm, North Elmham,
You may also want to watch:
was standing in front of the loader, with his back to camera, standing next to a neighbour, Paul Seaman, with the darker hair, of Bintree Mill.
As he recalled: "We went to the
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
event together making something of a day of it.
"I seem to remember finishing up in the popular farmers' haunt
of Maisie's Bar at the former
Castle Hotel, Norwich, later that evening."