Latitude Festival 2017: Joel Dommett’s celebrity status earns him a packed tent
- Credit: PAUL JOHN BAYFIELD
With his charming good looks and energy filled set, it's hardly surprising the comedy tent was filled with enough young girls to rival a One Direction concert.
Previously acting in TV show Skins, since his official launch onto the comedy circuit in 2007, Joel has been a finalist on ITV's 2016 I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here, as well as well regularly appearing on Sky 1 show Bring The Noise.
It's his appearance on I'm a Celebrity that he says shot him to fame and considerably improved the size of last year's Latitude audience, he is self-deprecating about his new celebrity status but one can't help but feel that he does protest too much.
He gets off to a slow start, with a joke about the letter Z and his tales of a previous life as a band's lead singer.
He's big on audience participation throughout and does a gag with a glitter canon, something I'm told is a regular performance feature.
You may also want to watch:
Overall he was not too amusing, his pretty face seemingly getting him a lot further in his career than his comedic skills ever will.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 7 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl