Latitude 2017: Dara O’Briain - assured performance from a TV veteran
- Credit: PAUL JOHN BAYFIELD
Not an inch of floor space was left empty as people jostled for room when Dara O'Briain took to the Comedy stage to headline on Friday evening.
The Mock the Week host clearly drew the crowd through his tireless TV appearances, from QI to Robot Wars and an inexhaustible list of science shows.
He is a self confessed geek which is a theme running through the gig at Latitude.
It's not all about science though.
His constant TV appearances have also included Who Do You Think You Are? which shone a spotlight on his Irish heritage, where there is 'nothing' he says.
You may also want to watch:
'On my father's side the O'Briain's, and on my mother's side the Himmler's. No paperwork, no photos, no nothing,' he says. 'It's strange.'
He plays to his audience by touching on the struggles of middle class parenthood and pointless consumerism, including the four storey M&M store in London.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
It's an assured performance from a comic at the top of his game - he clearly deserves the airtime he's getting.