‘Last couple of times I saw Vadis on a Wednesday night were both in Morrisons’ - Norwich City fans react to Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe’s Champions League goal against Real Madrid
- Credit: EXPA Pictures/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City midfielder Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe was the talk of social media - at least amongst Canaries fans - on Wednesday night after scoring for Legia Warsaw in their Champions League tie against Real Madrid.
Legia Warsaw became the first Polish team to claim a point off the 11-time European Cup champions after holding Real MAdrid to a 3-3 draw.
Real Madrid had gone 2-0 up through a Gareth Bale half-volley and Karim Benzema's finish but Legia, hosting the game behind closed doors following a UEFA stadium ban, fought back with goals from Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe, Miroslav Radovic and Thibault Moulin and were leading with seven minutes to go.
Croatia international Mateo Kovacic spared Real further embarrassment with an equaliser which earned them a point.
Ofoe signed a two-year deal with the Polish club in August after terminating his contract with the Canaries.
You may also want to watch:
The Belgian international clocked up 19 senior appearances in an injury-hit spell in Norfolk following his move from Club Bruges in 2014. The 27-year-old spent a month on-loan at Rotherham and was set to be way down the pecking order for the club's Championship fightback following the summer arrivals of midfield duo Alex Pritchard and Sergi Canos.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 10 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich