Join us in our special celebration of Christmas
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
With the city now lit up for Christmas, seasonal festivities are well and truly under way, and it will soon be time for one of our big festive traditions – the Eastern Daily Press Festival of Carols.
This year the night of festive cheer and song will take place at St Andrew's Hall, in Norwich, on Wednesday, December 7, and tickets for the occasion are now on sale.
The event is once again being overseen by musical director Carole Tims and will feature performances by the EDP Festival Choir, Broadland Youth Choir and Cawston Band.
The 2016 musical programme will include festive favourites such as Away In A Manger, Joy To The World, John Rutter's New Year Carol and Twelve Days Of Christmas and Pearsall's In Dulci Jubilo.
The concert will once again be raising funds for EDP We Care Appeal: Norfolk Millennium Trust for Carers which aims to give unpaid carers in Norfolk a better quality of life by giving grants for practical items such as washing machines and laptops, power packs for wheelchairs and short breaks.
You may also want to watch:
Doors will open at 6.30pm for a 7.15pm start on Wednesday, December 7.
Tickets to the EDP Festival of Carols cost £7.50 per person. They can be bought at the EDP Norwich front office at Prospect House, Rouen Road.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
They can also be bought by sending a cheque – made payable to Archant Community Media Limited – to EDP Festival of Carols, Front Office, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE. If purchasing by post, remember to include a stamped addressed envelope for the return of tickets, as well as your name, address and a telephone number or email address.
You can also buy tickets online at www.edp24.co.uk/carols or by calling 01603 628311 (a fee of £1 will be charged for postage and packing).
For more information about the EDP We Care Appeal: Norfolk Millennium Trust for Carers, visit www.wecareappeal.co.uk