It’s time to enjoy the sound of the blues across Dereham
- Credit: Judy Totton
There is a buzz around Dereham today as the town sets to open the fifth Dereham Blues Festival and welcome top blues bands to bring a beat to the heart of Norfolk.
Sponsored by more than a dozen venues, festival goers can enjoy free access over four days to a wide range of styles delivered by talented musicians.
On offer will be a whole mess o' blues from Mississippi swamp through to R&B, from the Chicago blues of Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters to Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan right up to the funky, verging on jazz.
The Mid Norfolk Railway will run dedicated trains over the weekend including reduced rate late night trains to and from Wymondham, Yaxham, Thuxton and Kimberley Park.
Tonight's opening concert at the Memorial Hall features Andy Fairweather Low and the Low Riders, supported by Dove and Boweevil.
You may also want to watch:
For details visit www.derehambluesfestival.org.uk.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 More than 300 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople