INSIGHT ENERGY: PwC analysis finds that Top 100 firms are playing a leading role in the energy sectory
- Credit: Archant
Analysis of the Top 100 companies in Norfolk and Suffolk businesses operating in the energy and related sectors make up a significant proportion of the list, employing over 4,000 people and generating revenues approaching £1.4bn.
All of the energy companies in the Top 100 list have seen significant growth in turnover over the last year led by Acteon with 23pc growth and Perenco with 42pc. This is reflective of the wider industry's importance to the region. Much of this growth has come from international activity in emerging markets which really helps to put our region on the map
Energy security and price volatility are terms that we have been hearing increasingly over the last few years and many local businesses are looking at ways to provide and service sustainable energy. As well as the generation of clean, green energy that businesses in our region are at the heart of driving forwards, there are alternative natural resources that technological advances are opening up access to.
This list emphasises just how important the energy sector is to our region and, if we were to extend it to capture all of the businesses operating in the sector, its importance would become even more apparent.
We know from our relationships with the leaders of the region's energy businesses that more can be done to bang the drum and promote the importance of the sector both locally and nationally – this, in turn, will emphasise the capability of our region's energy businesses.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 10 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack