If it’s summer it must be outdoor Shakespeare in Ormesby with the Rain or Shine Theatre Company
- Credit: Rain or Shine
Outdoor Shakespeare fans can enjoy one of the Bard's giddy comedies in a village garden setting.
The Rain or Shine Theatre Company are bringing Twelfth Night to Ormesby Village Centre on Sunday July 16.
The company has long included the village on its tour of castles and stately homes, bringing professional, quality performances to the community.
Regulars know to bring their own chairs, picnic blankets and food, whether they are chinking glasses in the sunshine or supping coffee from a flask huddled under a blanket. Twelfth Night is considered by some to be Shakespeare's most perfect comedy.
True to form it involves mistaken identities and disguise, characters cast adrift in a strange world, and shifting genders.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 4pm for picnics, performances starts at 6pm, and will be indoors if wet. Tickets £13 and £6 from 01493 730178.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch