Hungover student sparks emergency services alert at University of East Anglia
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
A University of East Anglia student who fell asleep in the shower and flooded his flat after a night on the tiles sparked an emergency services alert.
Two ambulances, an emergency response car and police were called to one of the halls of residence at the UEA campus at about 8am this morning, after reports a student had suffered a cardiac arrest.
Emergency services were told the man was unconscious and not breathing and the East of England Ambulance Service had vehicles on the scene within seven minutes.
But the student, who emergency services established had been drinking the night before, had simply fallen asleep in the shower, flooding the flat. He did not have to be taken to hospital.
Norwich police, who tweeted about the incident, urged people to drink responsibly.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler