Hoop dreams now a reality at Sportspark
Sportspark, based at UEA, is launching a new informal basketball night with the aim of increasing participation in the sport.
Basketball players will have exclusive use of the entire Haydn Morris sports hall which uniquely accommodates four training courts.
The event is starting on Saturday, November 27 from 8.20 to 10.20pm and will run every Saturday.
Members of the public do not need to be in a team and can simply come to shoot hoops or play in a scrimmage. There is no need to book in advance and anyone can turn up and pay and play.
For two weeks only, players will pay a special introductory price of just �2 for two hours. Non-members must also pay a 60p guest fee.
You may also want to watch:
Sportspark director Keith Nicholls said: 'Basketball is becoming increasingly popular in the UK and now in Norwich. Due to the increasing interest, we are setting up a dedicated night so that we can bring together enthusiastic players.
'We hope this will lead to more teams setting up locally, who will be able to come and use our excellent facilities.'
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
Although Sportspark is owned and managed by UEA, it is open to the whole community, not just the people at the university.
For more information about Sportspark visit www.sportspark.co.uk