Hoop dreams now a reality at Sportspark
Sportspark, based at UEA, is launching a new informal basketball night with the aim of increasing participation in the sport.
Basketball players will have exclusive use of the entire Haydn Morris sports hall which uniquely accommodates four training courts.
The event is starting on Saturday, November 27 from 8.20 to 10.20pm and will run every Saturday.
Members of the public do not need to be in a team and can simply come to shoot hoops or play in a scrimmage. There is no need to book in advance and anyone can turn up and pay and play.
For two weeks only, players will pay a special introductory price of just �2 for two hours. Non-members must also pay a 60p guest fee.
You may also want to watch:
Sportspark director Keith Nicholls said: 'Basketball is becoming increasingly popular in the UK and now in Norwich. Due to the increasing interest, we are setting up a dedicated night so that we can bring together enthusiastic players.
'We hope this will lead to more teams setting up locally, who will be able to come and use our excellent facilities.'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 4 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
Although Sportspark is owned and managed by UEA, it is open to the whole community, not just the people at the university.
For more information about Sportspark visit www.sportspark.co.uk