Harleston and Waveney Festival celebrates 10th birthday
A decade of music, art, culture and entertainment on the Norfolk-Suffolk border will be celebrated at the tenth Harleston and Waveney Festival this summer.
Organisers have announced a packed line-up of free events and crowd pleasers to mark the special birthday of the community-run festival.
This year's week-long programme will start from August 23 and will end with a family fun day at the recreation ground on the bank holiday Monday.
The headline act will be acclaimed Beatles tribute band, The Fab 4, who will bring their 'Fab4 Rock Your World' show to Archbishop Sancroft High School, from 7.30pm on August 25.
The Nottingham-based band is held in high regard by die-hard Beatles fans the length and breadth of Britain and are one of the world's top tribute bands.
You may also want to watch:
The festival boasts a host of events including a Gardeners' Question Time, a Harleston Big Draw Day, involving professional artists, and an interview with acclaimed nature writer Richard Mabey.
The programme will kick off Tuesday, August 23 at 7.30pm with an evening dedicated to John Betjeman at St John's Church, which will include readings and footage from the Norfolk Film Archive.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
The line-up also includes children's entertainment, poetry, concerts, talks, workshops, film screenings, a weekend of live music at the Swan Hotel and a family fun day at the Harleston recreation ground on August 29, which will include a flypast by the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Families can also get involved in making bunting for the festival week with a free event at Harleston Library from 11am on Saturday, July 23.
Margaret Griffiths, festival chairman, said: 'We are delighted to be celebrating our 10th birthday and have once again put on a full and varied programme of events that offer something for everyone.'
'Many of the events are free and offer great entertainment for the kids so pick up a programme and see what fun things you can get involved in.'
Tickets are available from the festival box office on 01379 851917 and 01379 852221. For more information, visit www.harlestonandwaveneyfestival.co.uk