Hammond Nissan helps Adnams on its environmental journey
- Credit: supplied
Hammond Nissan has been helping Adnams, the Southwold-based brewer and distiller, enhance its sustainable operations.
Hammond Nissan loaned Adnams a Leaf all-electric vehicle to discover how easy it was to charge and drive. Adnams had fitted a free charging point at its Swan Hotel in Southwold, making it even easier for guests.
A loan of an all-electric e-NV200 van last month for its Southwold shop put the wheels in motion. The e-NV200 has the lowest running cost of any commercial vehicle, zero emissions and a 703kg payload.
Benedict Orchard, environmental sustainability manager at Adnams, said: 'We wanted to explore the potential for electric vehicles as an alternative fuel for some of our fleet. The Nissan e-nv200 stood out as the best in class to meet the needs of our Southwold shop.'
Adnams tested the e-NV200 for use by its flagship shop to deliver local orders. It put the van through its paces over a couple of weeks and fell in love with it – so much so that it ordered one at the end of the trial.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Orchard added: 'The new van is a great step up in our constantly evolving sustainability story at Adnams which, when added with the fact our electricity supply is sourced from 91% renewables, the electric van ensures sustainable delivery of our beers and spirits.'
The van should be out around Southwold from the end of May.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
David Kindred, sales manager at Hammond Nissan, said: 'We are extremely pleased to be able to support Adnams through this process and experience first-hand Nissan's range of award-winning electric vehicles.
'Nissan has been at the forefront of electric technology for some years now and I am pleased that Adnams has chosen us to help it continue on its environmental journey.'