Halesworth Gig in the Park to be ‘last in current form’
Organisers of Gig in the Park have announced that this year's event will be the last 'in its current form'.
The committee behind the not-for-profit three-day music event at Halesworth Town Park have announced with 'great sadness' that this year's event will be the last it puts on because of rising costs.
A spokesperson for the committee said: 'We have seen the bill for the fuel we use in the generators rocket to the point that it is now bigger than the cost of the hire and transport of the machines themselves.
'The committee do not want to simply put up the ticket price to cover this and therefore make it unaffordable to some within the community. Nor do they want to lower the high standard of this professionally-run and well-respected event.
'We are all exceedingly proud of the Gig in the Park and as volunteer organisers, our aim has always been to give Halesworth an annual event that is accessible to and enjoyed by all ages.'
You may also want to watch:
The festival, which is now in its 15th year, has always donated surplus money to causes in the town.
This year's event will be headlined by the Fun Lovin' Criminals and Katrina, formerly of Katrina and the Waves.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 9 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 10 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
It takes place between August 10-12.
For ticket information visit www.giginthepark.co.uk